This recipe marks my first experiment with the cooking show format (video embedded below)….the film quality leaves something to be desired (as does the Chinese narration) but more fun than reading a post right?
I have to admit, I was pretty lazy with the batter and just bought some Bob’s Red Mill pre-made mix from April Gourmet. There are cheaper, DIY mixes that I will explore in the future. One package of Bob’s lasts many pancakes though, so if you are short on time it’s not a bad alternative.
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix 1/4 cup 美国无面筋煎饼粉 (可以在北京的April Gourmet 超市买，50RMB／包，一包可以用座50张煎饼左右）
- 1 egg， 1个鸡蛋
- 1 spoon olive oil 一小勺橄榄油
- 1 spoon soy milk 一小勺豆浆
To garnish your pancake: 加在煎饼上：
- Raw Honey and your choice of fruit
- Eggs are actually a great source of protein, calcium, Vitamins A, B6 and B12. I try to buy from farms like Little Donkey or Mrs. Shanen’s that use more sustainable/humane animal husbandry practices.
- 鸡蛋里边有7克的蛋白质，和较高含量的钙和维生素A, B6和B12
- Natural raw honey is known for having anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. Choose brands that have non-transparent appearance from suppliers that you trust, organic is optimal as well. The brands with transparent appearance have usually been heated, processed, watered down, and in China sometimes additional additives get thrown in.